Park
Memorials
&
Monuments
 
 
 
 
 
 
M60-A3 Tank

 

M60-A3 TankThe Tank Monument has been a fixture in the park since the late 1940's.

The original monument, an M3-A1 WWII Light Tank was procured by the Lebanon VFW Post 23 after the end of the war.  It remained in the park until 1967 when it was replaced with a 3" Pedestal Mounted Naval deck gun off the U.S.S. Detroit, which remained on display until the mid 1990's when it was replaced with the M60-A3 Tank displayed today.

The original monument, the M3-A1 WWII Light Tank, the only known tank of its kind in the United States, was donated to the First Armored Division museum in Fort Worth, Texas.

The 3" pedestal mounted Naval deck gun was fittingly acquired by Lebanon's Navy Club Ship 91 and is placed at the front of the facility on Lehman Street.

The M60-A3 Tank along with a memorial plaque make up the current American Service-members Monument.  The tank was acquired by the Lebanon Veterans Advisory Council from officials at Fort Indiantown Gap and was placed on June 5, 1996.  The memorial plaque, "In Memory Of All American Veterans", was donated by __________ and dedicated _____19__ .

 

All Veterans Plaque
 
In Memory Of All American Veterans

This memorial honors all American veterans who, although separated by generations, shared a common undeniable goal--to valiantly protect our country's freedoms.

The memories of these American veterans will continue to live on whenever and wherever democracy exists.

The American veteran--forever a symbol of heroism, sacrifice, loyalty and freedom.